Irresistible cupcakes, cakes, and cookies

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Happy Birthday, Popski!

I created these adorable cupcakes and giant golf ball cake for my Dad's (a.k.a. Popski's) 57th birthday.  Per his request, I made both carrot cake and carrot cupcakes (that flavor is his personal favorite).  Although, I did make one special addition to my carrot recipe, also per Popski request . . . I added his favorite nut . . . walnuts.  In addition to the tasty coconut, pineapple, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, and toasted walnuts in the cake, the cake and cupcakes are iced with thick cream cheese icing.  The cake is covered with made-from-scratch fondant, and the cupcakes are topped with hand-crafted fondant details.  I'm sure I hit a  "hole in one" with these and that my Dad will be delighted to "tee up" and enjoy these delicious birthday treats.  Hopefully they will be on "par."

1 comment:

  1. My husband, the golfer would LOVE these!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete