Irresistible cupcakes, cakes, and cookies

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Team Edward Birthday Cake

This "Team Edward" cake was created for my niece's 18th birthday.  She is obviously a fan of the sparkling-in-the-sunlight vampire variety.  I had a difficult time making this delicious vanilla cake with strawberry filling (like blood-only not gross and much more tasty).  I am unashamedly a "Team Jacob" girl.  I am a fan of the big-giant-hairy wolf variety (and I was Team Jacob long before the movies and Lautner's abs).  So, it was tough to pipe "Team Edward," but I managed . . . somehow.  This yummy cake is covered with Sweet T's made-from-scratch fondant, marbled to also evoke the dietary tendencies of vampires.  Happy Birthday, Jessica!

1 comment:

  1. This is super cute, and really funny! I personally wouldn't turn either Jacob or Edward away if they showed up at my door...

    ReplyDelete