Irresistible cupcakes, cakes, and cookies

Friday, June 10, 2011

Cars, Guitars, and Science Jars

My father-in-law retired after teaching for 30 years!  Wow!  The family held a celebration in his honor with the theme of "Cars, Guitars, and Science Jars."  Cars . . . because he owns a 1954 Mustang and is obsessed with most muscle and race cars.  Guitars   . . . because he owns and plays over 12 different types of guitars (including a 12 string).  And Science Jars . . . because he taught Jr. High science for 30 years!  His guitar cake is a delicious chocolate chunk with chocolate icing (and fondant details).  The mini-cupcakes are sweet strawberry, perfect peanut butter, oh so yummy cookies and cream, and cinnamon spice carrot.  I've never seen so many confections consumed in such a short amount of time.  Happy Retirement!



 

1 comment:

  1. I tried (ok, that is an understatement since I ate quite a few) the carrot and strawberry - other flavors avoided due to my chocolate allergy. They were super yummy, and because they were mini-cupcakes, I didn't feel guilty for not keeping track of really how many I ended up eating before the end of the night.
    Well done once again Tia.

    ReplyDelete