Irresistible cupcakes, cakes, and cookies

Monday, December 21, 2009

Cake, the final frontier. To boldy go where no cake has gone before.





This sci-fi culinary delight was created for my husband's 31st birthday. He and I are fans of Star Trek in general, but especially enjoy the newest installment on the silver screen. In creating this celebration cake, I crafted color-flow pieces with quotes (from the new movie) from each of the seven main characters. I also included the "Another year has warped by for Richie" piece instead of a traditional Birthday message. For any Trekkies out there, I know that the Star Fleet emblem included on this cake is actually from "Star Trek The Next Generation" and not from the new movie. Personally, I like the TNG communicators better, and they are structurally more sturdy when made out of confectioners sugar and water!

No comments:

Post a Comment