Irresistible cupcakes, cakes, and cookies

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Orange Cream Attempt Two

This is my second attempt at creating the "perfect" orange cream cupcake.  My philosophy about cupcakes is that both the cupcake AND the icing should not only complement each other and taste amazing together, but taste good alone as well.  So, yet again, when creating a new cupcake creation, I wanted BOTH the cupcake AND icing to evoke the flavors of orange cream.  The first time around, the icing was perfect!  A twist of orange icing and whip cream deliciousness.  The cupcake . . . not so perfect.  Don't get me wrong - the cupcake tasted delicious!  The problem was, it tasted like an orange roll, not like orange cream.  So, after a few tweaks in my recipe . . . tadaa!  Finally, an orange cream cupcake studded with vanilla chips and topped with a swirl of orange cream icing.  Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment