Irresistible cupcakes, cakes, and cookies

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Rasberry Lemonade Refreshment

I have been excited for some time to experiment with this newest Sweet T's cupcake creation.  My husband and I are self-proclaimed lemonade snobs.  We carefully discern between just "okay" lemonades, "amazing" lemonades, and "I crave it fortnightly" lemonades.  And when the "I crave it fortnightly" lemonades are offered with an option to add raspberries (not syrups or flavorings, but REAL raspberry purees or the actual fruit itself), we giddily gulp the heavenly beverage with sheer satisfaction.

So, when I decided to create my own version of a lemonade cupcake, I decided it HAD to be coupled with raspberry (my favorite fruit).  And, this cupcake does not disappoint.  The moist, sweetly tart lemon cupcake pairs perfectly with the tangy, raspberry cream icing.  The icing alone almost tastes like raspberry sorbet (without the brain freeze).  This dynamic duo is made with fresh-squeezed lemon juice, lemon zest, and fresh-made raspberry puree (seeds strained out, of course!)  I've eaten three today!  I just may have a new "I crave it fortnightly" lemonade option.

No comments:

Post a Comment