Irresistible cupcakes, cakes, and cookies

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

As Buddy (the Cake Boss) would say, this cake is covered in fawn-dawnt!





Sweet T and Sous C (my sister-in-law, Carrie) both crafted little fondant-covered cakes this evening. This was the small cake I created (Sous C's cake to be added tomorrow). Sous C and I enjoyed making our own delicious (and it REALLY does taste delicious) fondant from scratch. I wanted to cover my cakes with fondant that cake-eaters might actually WANT to eat. Not just scrape off and pile to the side of the remaining cake. Now my cake will not only taste delicious on the inside, but on the outside too! This oval-shaped cake is a tasty, marbled, vanilla and chocolate. It is also filled with thick chocolate custard. Delicious and adorable . . . can't get much better than that!

No comments:

Post a Comment