Irresistible cupcakes, cakes, and cookies

Friday, January 15, 2010

Retro 80's in Chocolate






This 80's inspired cake was created for my nephew's 13th birthday. Pink and black are two of his favorite colors and he wears shoes, shirts, and jackets just like those my friends and I wore in the 80's. In fact, today he bought himself a pink pair of corderouy pants. Eek! Thus far, I have been grateful that mile-high bangs have not reemerged as a fashionable hair style (although I totally rocked a killer bang curl for years). The 80's decade is back with a vengeance! Neon green, bright pink, glowing blue . . . ahhhhhhh! In honor of the decade where more was not just more . . . but never enough . . . I created this decadent chocolate chunk cake and frosted it with chocolate fudge frosting. Chocolate overload? IMPOSSIBLE! This cake is super rad, dude!

No comments:

Post a Comment