Irresistible cupcakes, cakes, and cookies

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Seeing double?














Yes, you are seeing identical twin cakes! It is not a trick of your mind or a demonstration of my magical ability to replicate cakes (an ability I have yet to acquire, by the way). I created these yummy January Birthday cakes for the residents of two separate buildings at Golden Living Retirement in Orem, Utah. These are 12 inch by 12 inch yellow cakes (made from scratch - of course - using only the finest and freshest ingredients). They are covered with my delicious white buttercream icing and decorated with fondant and hand-made white chocolate details. I dusted the cakes with edible cake sparkles to elicit the memory of snow glistening on a sunny winter morning. I also covered the cakes with stars of buttercream to look like tiny piles of snow. All I can say is SNOW NEVER TASTED SO GOOD! I wouldn't mind shoveling this snow (into my mouth!).



No comments:

Post a Comment