Irresistible cupcakes, cakes, and cookies

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Pink and Purple Birthday Wishes

She is a princess. She likes pink and purple (as any true princess does). And she wants a chocolate chunk, sqaure birthday cake filled with vanilla buttercream and covered with delicious Sweet T's fondant. Royal wishes are my command!

So, here is the process AND the result! I love seeing freshly baked cakes (made from scratch, of course . . . using only the best and freshest ingredients). Seeing those little beauties is like seeing a blank canvas begging for paint. Those cakes are pleading to be iced and made into something beautiful. Again, cake wishes are my command. I filled, stacked, and iced the cakes with Sweet T's classic vanilla buttercream, then covered the cake cube with pink fondant. Then, the real "treat" for Sweet T . . . creatively detailing the cake. I covered the cake with pink and purple fondant flowers, as well as hand-crafted green fondant leaves. I hope this pretty pink princess enjoys her royal birthday dessert!


1 comment:

  1. Hey Tia! Talia's cake was B-E-A-UTIFUL and my darling, darling husband's birthday is coming up in February, and I thought maybe you could make him a cake? I have an idea for it. He's a super nerd (as a fellow wife-of-nerd, you can understand) and there's a game he plays called 'Portal' and in the game there's a cube you use called a companion cube. I have pictures, but it's pretty much just a white cube with a pink heart in the middle and some black lines. There's a joke in the game about cake (I don't understand it, but his friends will think it's very funny, and he's going to a gaming 'bar' for his birthday with them). Anyway, I was thinking a square two tier cake that shows half of the cube, and that chocolate chunk you did for Talia looked delicious. The party is February 26th -- I hope that's enough time! If you e-mail me -- digital_damsel917@hotmail.com -- I can send you pictures and talk moolah! Thanks Tia!

    ReplyDelete